- 2 Quarts of Water
- 15 Pods Cardamom
- 10 Whole Cloves
- 12-15 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel Seed
- 1/8 cup Organic Loose Rooibos Tea
- 1/8 cup Organic Loose Black Tea
- 1 Cup of Organic Ginger, Juiced **
Add all ingredients (minus ginger juice) in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce and leave pot on stove with mixture at a rolling simmer for 30 minutes. Turn off heat and allow mixture to remain in pot overnight to continue steeping without heat. Strain mixture into a mason jar. To strain I use a nut milk bag (http://www.amazon.com/Nut-Milk-Bag-New-Improved/dp/B00158U8DU I also use it for making almond milk). Pour into a mason jar and add ginger juiceStore in fridge until ready to use!
To make the Chai Latte, add your desired amount of chai mix to some almond milk (homemade is best but if you cannot, buy Original Unsweetened from store). I like almost a 1:1 ratio but everyone is different! Either serve over ice or heat slowly on stove. If you have a sweet tooth like me, add a tablespoon of raw honey. Enjoy!
** If you do not have a juicer, bring your ginger to your local juice bar and they can do it for you!
*** Adapted from and photo credit to elanaspantry.com
- 1 Avocado
- 2 Green Onions
- 1/2 Cup Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Cold Pressed Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-3 Garlic Cloves to Taste
- Sea Salt & Fresh Pepper to Taste
Place all ingredients into a food processor or high power blender. Makes about two cups. Enjoy on a leafy green salad or dressed over some quinoa or millet with fresh veggies. Delicious!
- 1 cup Frozen Blueberries
- 1/2 Frozen Banana
- 1-3 Cups Fresh Spinach (if you are new to green smoothies, start with 1 cup and work your way up!)
- 1 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp Raw Local Honey
- 1.5 Cups Almond Milk
Blend ingredients together well to break up all of the fruit and the spinach. Pour into a nice glass and enjoy.
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (Preferably Homemade OR Original Unsweetened)
- 1 tbsp Raw Cacao Powder (raw cocoa powder, found any any health food store)
- 1 tbsp Raw Local Honey
- 2 tbsp Chia Seeds
Blend ingredients together well. Pour into a nice glass and let sit for 15 minutes. The chia seeds will absorb the milk and transform into a delicious and super health pudding! Great as a snack or a post-dinner treat.
- 5 Big Kale Leaves (Lacinto works best)
- 3 Cups of Spinach
- 1/3 Bunch of Parsley
- 1/3 Head of Celery
- 1/3 Cucumber
- 1/2 Green Apple
- 1/2 Lemon
Send all ingredients through the juicer and enjoy immediately! I consider this drink to be mostly responsible for my power house immune system, clear skin, and high energy!
- 1 Can Full Fat Organic Coconut Milk
- ¼ Cup Raw Local Honey
- ¼ Cup Raw Cacao (raw cocoa powder)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into an ice cream maker (takes about 35-40 minutes) or into a freezer safe container. Freeze for 5 hours or until desired consistency. Enjoy!
- 1 medium sized Avocado, pitted
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1-3 garlic cloves, to taste
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings of your favorite pasta (I use quinoa pasta!)
- fresh ground pepper
Place garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the avocado, basil and salt and process until creamy and smooth. After pasta is done cooking and has been drained, toss the pasta with the sauce and top with fresh ground pepper.