(Adapted from simplyreem.com)
- Soba noodles (Made sure they are 100% Buckwheat!)
- Scallions – 1 ½ cup finely chopped.
- Ginger – 2 Tbsp minced.
- Cilantro – ¼ cup chopped.
- Sesame Oil- 2 Tbsp.
- Hot Pepper Oil – 2 tsp.
- Tamari or Nama Shoyu – 1Tbsp.
- Rice Wine Vinegar – 2 Tbsp.
- Honey – 2 Tbsp.
- Sea Salt – 1 tsp
- Black pepper – 1 tsp
- 1 Cup Carrots, Chopped
- 1 Cup Shiitake Mushrooms, Chopped
- 1 Cup Purple Cabbage, Chopped
- Coconut Oil
- Mix all the ingredients for Sweet Ginger Scallion sauce in the bowl, check for the seasoning. Keep it aside for 10 -15 minutes for the flavors to develop.
- Boil the soba noodles as per the instruction on the package, If you need them cold drain well with the cold water once they are cooked or just drain the water in which they boiled if you like them hot.
- While soba noodles are cooking and sauce is sitting, in a wok or large pot heat 2 tbsp Coconut Oil. Place in carrots and cook until they are almost soft, then adding in the mushrooms and purple cabbage. If you like extra spice, season with a bit of the hot pepper oil. Once the veggies are done, add in the soba noodles and the ginger scallion sauce and mix well.
Gluten Free (with use of tamari instead of soy sauce), Vegetarian, Nearly Vegan minus the honey– if vegan switch out a different sweetener), Well Combined