- Four 6-ounce fillets of salmon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil plus 1/2 cup for the vinaigrette
- sea salt
- 2 lemons, halved
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Italian Parsley
- 2 tbsp finely sliced chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat a grill or grill pan over high heat. Coat the fish with the 2 tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Grill until firm to the touch and nicely browned, about 4 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness. Be sure to grill the lemons at the same time for the vinaigrette! Grill them alongside the salmon, cut side down, until they’re softened and just beginning to char. Transfer the salmon to a serving platter and let it rest while you prepare the vinaigrette. Squeeze the grilled lemons into a bowl (they should yield about 1/3 cup smoky, slightly sweet juice). Whisk in the 1/2 cup olive oil, stir in the herbs, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the salmon and serve immediately.