(From ‘It’s All Good’ by Gwyneth Paltrow & Julia Turshen)
- 1 small poblano pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 fresh jalapeno, seeds removed
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound mild white fish (halibut, cod, grouper, striped bass, etc.), skin disgarded, cut into 1/2 inch dice
- Sea Salt
- Warm corn tortillas, salsa, guacamole, black beans
Cut the poblano pepper (and remove seeds) so that it can lay as flat as possible on an aluminum lined baking sheet. Broil in the oven for 15 minutes or until it is charred all over. Remove from the oven and place in a paper bag and close tightly, allowing the pepper to steam for 15 minutes. Remove from bag, and peel the charred skin off of the pepper. Place the pepper in a blender or food processor along with the onion, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and jalapeno and set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the fish to the pan and sprinkle with a big pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper. Cook, stirring now and then, until a bit browned and completely cooked through and flaky, about 8 minutes. Turn off heat and add the reserved poblano mixture. Stir to thoroughly combined and serve immediately next to a pile of warm corn tortillas and all of the toppings.